If your small business does research and development, the Department of Homeland Security may have a contract for you.
The department’s Small Business Innovation Research program is about to start the second of four legs of its national road tour to meet with small businesses.
The road tour, which is sponsored by the Small Business Administration, aims to give small businesses information about funding opportunities provided through federal programs. Those programs have a goal of increasing the participation of small businesses in federal research and development initiatives.
Participating small businesses can meet DHS small business program representatives during the road show.
In this leg of the road tour, representatives will visit the following cities:
- Rochester, New York – June 18 (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) NextCorps at Sibley Square, 260 E. Main Street, Suite 6000, Rochester, NY 14604. Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sbir-road-tour-tickets-44754672430#tickets
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – June 19 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) University of Pittsburgh, The William Pitt Union, 3959 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-sbir-road-tour-pittsburgh-tickets-45145248654
- Columbus, Ohio – June 20 (7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) The Ohio Union at Ohio State University, Performance Hall, 1739 N. High Street, Columbus, OH 43210. Register at: https://www.cvent.com/c/express/6bf31f9a-4a8c-4fc2-9dc4-951affe8124e
- Huntington, West Virginia – June 21 (7:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.) Arthur Weisberg Family Applied Engineering Complex at Marshall University, 1628 3rd Avenue, Huntington, WV 25755. Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sbir-road-tour-huntington-wv-tickets-45385907471?aff=es2
- Durham, North Carolina – June 22 (8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.) North Carolina Biotechnology Center, 15 T.W. Alexander Drive, Durham, NC 27709. Register at: http://www.sbtdc.org/events/sbir/roadtour/
Upcoming legs of the road tour include Pacific Northwest and New England states.